Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What is a g-mac vs an i-mac computer? I've never hear of g-mac, hold you?

I am doing research on buying a mac. My boss told me to look into a g-mac and an i-mac but I can't seem to be to find anything on a g-mac. Is that an abbrieviated name for something else?

What is a g-mac vs an i-mac computer? I've never hear of g-mac, hold you?

I infer what your boss was referring to is the type of processers that mac's used to own inside them...



The G bit refers to the name that be given to the processor, until 2006 macs used an IBM/Motorola processor refered to as a PowerPC chip, or a G-series...



iMacs came near either a G3 (1999-2001) a G4 (2001-2005) or a G5 (2005-2006) processor, but at the running out of 2006 apple announced that they were shifting their processors from IBM/Motorola to Intel, and now adjectives iMacs come with an intel core duo processor.
I looked up a G-Mac and it come up with a mortgage selling type promise so im pretty sure there is no such article.
Some use the term g-Mac as short for Graphics Mac, usually a loaded model of the most up-to-date high finish Macintosh.



A loaded MacPro desktop costs a bit over $14,000.



The most expensive iMac you can get is around $4,000.



You might want to get a bit of clarification on what he's looking for ...

No comments:

Post a Comment